Monday, June 21, 2010

Back to the Books

Well, now that I'm home form our trip, it's time to start off my summer the way I spend all my summers... reading. Lately however, I've struggled finding books that I've really been able to get into. I love finding books that I absolutely can't put down, so I end up spending all night and any free minute reading, just to find out what happens. Those are a rare find, and I've had quite a dry spell! In that time though, I have began a lot of books, and failed to finish them. I have made it my goal that this summer will be my time to finish up all those books I've been struggling with, with a few in between. Just so I can be held accountable, here is the big list I have of what I need to finish:

1. Great Tales from English History: A Treasury of True Stories-The Extraordinary People Who Made Britain Great by Robert Lacey

2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

3. The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston

4. Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling by Ross King

5. Talking to Tesla by Alex Bigney (This was written by one of my professors, and was partially used as a course text, but I feel obligated to read it now that I know the author...right?)

6. Shakespeare on Love by William Shakespeare

7. The First Idea: How Symbols, Language, And Intelligence Evolved from Our Primate Ancestors to Modern Humans by Stanley Greenspan

8. Select Essays of Ralph Waldo Emerson (an amazing 1904 edition I picked up in Hawick, Scotland ;-))

I will say right now, that I know I will most likely never make it through all these books (number 7 especially is a heavy read!) But I think that now that I have the goal, I'll be more likely to finish them. I also need to few great reads to throw in there, so if anyone has read anything good lately let me know! I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Mockingjay (Hunger Games Series). Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment