Friday, March 12, 2010

Getting Ready
























Well, this week has turned out to be frantically busy as I get ready to go to New York City. I have tried to begin, and failed to finish a few photo projects, and am now casting them to the wind and hoping that I can get something good in New York to turn in instead (let's keep our fingers crossed). Last week during my little Salt Lake time, I found a great antique store on 2nd Avenue. The owner was the most friendly man! I feel like I'm starting to get a good grasp on finding places to visit and shoot, but I need to include more of a human element to it... yes, that means photographing people, which absolutely terrifies me! I don't know what it is about candid photography, but if I expect to be able to become more of a photojournalist (I guess that's what I'm aiming for) then I better darn well start taking some pictures of people in their element! Therefore, that will be my challenge for New York. Hold me to it. Anyway, here is my picture from the antique store. There were tons of these beautiful silver platters stacked on a cute little couch, so I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment