Wednesday, April 7, 2010

To Grandpa Trimble

This past week was the third anniversary of when my Grandpa Trimble passed away. This has been on my mind quite a bit, and I feel like I should share a few thoughts I have concerning this great man. His name was Cuthbert June Trimble, a name in itself that carries a lot of character. He was the hardest working man I have ever met, and I am so grateful that I, along with my siblings and close cousins were able to learn so much about honest work from him and my grandma. They were completely selfless, and have given so much to the family they raised in more ways than they could ever anticipate. I owe so much to my grandparents, and I feel so privileged to now be living in the home my grandpa built himself. While he was alive I never really felt like I had a connection with him. To be honest, he really intimidated me. The wonderful thing now is that through the opportunity of living here, I have come to know my grandpa in so many more ways. I discovered that like myself, he loved photography. My aunts were gracious enough to let me take care of his old cameras and put them to good use. I feel like through this small thing, I have grown closer to my grandpa in the last year than I did during the whole time he was on this earth. I have found an amazing love for my family- past and present, and I look forward to the ways in which I can grow closer to them, especially when Todd and I get to visit Scotland (where they came from). So now, I just want to thank my grandpa, for who he was and what he passed on to his family. He was such an amazing example of how to live your life completely doing what you love, which in his case was farming. He led a beautiful life, and I hope to do him and my grandma proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment