Thursday, May 27, 2010

Prague Recap

Well, the internet here has been touch and go, so I am now just getting to posting some pics from our time in Prague. First of all, this city is AMAZING! It is so different from the places in western Europe that I've visited, and it is one of the most beautiful. When we got there, I was really worried about that food I would be eating. I've heard that meat is a huge thing in Prague, and I was pretty nervous, but it turns out that the food we ate in Prague was some of the best I've ever had! The first day we got there we were super tired from traveling, so we mostly just slept all day. That night we found the most delicious restaurant ever, the Charleston, and had one of the best meals of my life. It may just be that we hadn't eaten a real meal in over 24 hours, but by the end I wanted to cry. The rest of the time in Prague was spent walking around, eating at the food stands, and seeing a lot of really amazing architecture and art. It was really hard being in a place where both Todd and I don't speak the language, so that got really frustrating, but it was still a wonderful place to visit!

Behind us is the Charles Bridge, leading up to the castle/cathedral in the background

This is a wall that is dedicated to John Lennon of the Beatles. It is completely covered with lyrics and portraits of the Beatles. Pretty cool stuff.



More shots of the castle from the bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment